Ed Wing's Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Walk a Mile in Her Shoes




Today I participated in a fundraising event for SAAVI, an organization for the prevention of sexual violence against women. It involved guys in high heels walking a mile, yelling, and collecting money from people on campus. I decided to kick it up a notch and wear a dress and make-up and to shave my legs. For this I won an award for the "Most Enthusiastic Walker." I received a medal and a $25 gift card. I also raised about $75 for the cause. It was a good time, except that I now have multiple blisters on the top of my toes from those *%#@!! shoes!! I think they had us wear those shoes to raise our awareness of the violence that is constantly perpetrated against women's feet. Women of the world, rebel! Don't wear stupid shoes that aren't functional and comfortable! By the way, the guy on the left is Mark, one of the grad students I supervise. He's a very good therapist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home