Ed Wing's Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2005

A Walk along Logan River





I went for a hike today along Logan River, which is in Logan Canyon. It was one of the most peaceful and enjoyable hikes I've ever been on. Part of the reason for this was that I was alone and, rather than focus on my destination (i.e., getting to the top of a mountain), I allowed myself to simply enjoy my surroundings, stop and interact with various features of the landscape (e.g., little waterfalls), explore off the trail if I saw something that called to me [e.g., I climbed up some steep rocks (and had trouble getting down).], and just generally took my time. Another thing that allowed me to enjoy the trip, I think, was that the trail was just flat and extremely well groomed. Here are a few pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home